Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions

Instagram @caseyscollection

2012, to be honest, started horribly. After some events, I decided to focus on doing things to improve myself and my happiness. It's important. I really believe that you are not capable of fully loving others until you learn to love yourself. So after realizing this, I decided I needed a new change of pace. I started this blog in 2011 but I really didn't do anything with it, so in 2012 when I needed something new,  I buckled down and actually started posting. I know there are so so many bloggers now, but blogging really is something I do because I love it. It can be so helpful because I can inspire others and I have a place to write what inspires me. It's like a diary only not so private. Everything I post is of something that interests me whether it's fashion or travel or personal stories. Towards the middle of this past year, I felt so much better about every aspect of my life. I have had so many opportunities this year and I am so thankful for every little thing I am able to do. I have seen more of the world in the past couple of years than I ever could have imagined, I built amazing friendships that I will hopefully keep forever, I have a boyfriend that loves me through thick and thin, and I found a lot of things I truly enjoy doing and people I truly enjoy being with who are always there for me. Most importantly, my family, friends, and I are happy and healthy and that is more than I could ask for. Plus, we survived the apocalypse...and that's always something to be happy about.

Now for the last day of the year I'm sitting in my hotel room on Times Square with the love of my life. I probably should be out right now, but I need a little relaxing before we go out tonight...either way, I'm so happy and thankful to be in the most beautiful city to start off 2013. Usually people have one simple resolution for New Years but of course I have like 10...maybe...I don't know if I can even call them resolutions, more like promises,  but it needs to be written down so I can come back to it in a year from now and see if I actually kept them. 

First of all, I want to religiously take care of my mind, my body, and my health all year. I also want to show my family and Marcus how much I appreciate them which is something I need to do more of. I want to show my friends that I will always be here for them no matter what. I want to rid myself of the people that hold me down. I want to continue to improve this blog and the content on it by taking risks and posting much more than I already do because I would love to share my blog with more of you. I want to do well in school and hopefully transfer to a different school in the fall. I want to earn more money so that I can {slowly} start saving to move out/financially support myself. And in the end, I want to keep searching for things that inspire me so I can in turn inspire others and I promise to share as much as I can along the way. 

Happy New Years everyone, and I wish you all the best for the upcoming year!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig